Tuesday, April 7, 2009

WORK - The Concept of Contracts

When a consultant is brought onto a project by my place of employment, there must be a contract signed, no matter the fee. My boss has had difficulty grasping this complex concept for almost two years. Foolishly, I recently began to think that she had finally gotten consultant=contract.

Yesterday, a contractor's invoice was kicked back by the finance department - they had no record of a contract. So, I forward that e-mail to my boss asking if she had signed a contract with the consultant. The response I receive, "No. It was for such a small amount."

In the scheme of things, not a big deal. But if you have such a hard time understanding simple things, there is no way that you even come close to comprehending complex issues.

The one thing you should take away from this post - I work for a complete idiot. More on that to come. Her antics are priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment